Each year the UMD chapter of AIAA receives a number of notifications about job and scholarship opportunities for our members. These opportunities are posted below.
Glenn L. Martin Wind Tunnel Co-op Position
Glenn L. Martin Wind Tunnel has posted a co-op position on Careers4Engineers starting in January 2021. The link to the position can be found here.
The Glenn L. Martin Wind Tunnel is looking for an individual who is interested in gaining experience in an aerodynamic testing environment. A co-op at the GLMWT provides a unique opportunity to perform testing with clients developing real-world products, gaining skills in a professional testing environment while still being able to benefit from the convenience of being located on campus. Working full-time for a year provides you the time to gain a serious understanding of what it is like to work in a testing environment, function as an essential member of a test team, and be given productive projects to work on.
- Operate wind tunnel to conduct low speed aerodynamic tests
- Monitor critical parameters during operation of the wind tunnel, including but not limited to tunnel speed, model pressures, forces, and moments
- Perform setup/tear-down for test articles
- Aid in design of structures used to support test articles
- Perform routine tunnel maintenance
- Occasionally move objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Name: Maria Steinholz
Position: Wind Tunnel Engineer
Leonardo Helicopters Summer Internships
There are three available internships:
- Flight Control System Engineering
- AW609 Flight Test Engineering Intern
- Tiltrotor Technology Engineering
Name: Darren Taillie
Contact Info: Darren.Taillie (at) leonardocompany (dot) us